The unmanned aircraft industry is poised for takeoff, with dramatic implications for everything from public safety, to farming, to infrastructure maintenance.
AIG has developed Unmanned Aircraft Insurance expressly for the exposures facing operators of remotely piloted, semi-autonomous, and fully autonomous aircraft. Our Unmanned Aircraft Insurance policy provides broad physical damage and third party liability coverage designed for the exposures of these unmanned vehicles.
Additionally, Lexington Insurance Company has developed an innovative endorsement to its commercial general liability insurance for public entities that provides express liability coverage for the insured's unmanned aircraft.
Coverage is designed for unmanned aircraft up to five pounds, with wingspans up to three feet -- Precisely the type of craft we expect many of our public entity clients will be utilizing in the near future.
- Platform/Aircraft Hull Physical Damage
- Payload Hull Physical Damage
- Ground Equipment Physical Damage
- Non-Owned Aircraft Physical Damage
- Liability to Third Parties (Bodily Injury/Property Damage)
- War/Hijacking/Malicious Damage Risks
- Personal Injury (including Invasion of Privacy)
- Construction Support
- Educational Research / Development
- Energy Infrastructure / Inspection/ Support
- Fire Fighting / Support
- Instruction and Training
- Mapping / Geophysical
- Media / News Gathering
- Movie / Film production
- Other Commercial Photography / Videography
- Package Delivery
- Property Survey / Inspection / Real Estate
- Sales / Demo
- Search and Rescue
- Wildlife / Conservation